Our PE Vision
At Scorton C of E Primary School we believe that physical education, experienced in a safe and supportive environment, is a unique and important contributor to a pupil’s physical development and well-being. Physical Education will develop pupil’s physical competence and confidence through a combination of entitlement and choice of activity. Physical education provides pupils with the opportunity to be creative, competitive and face up to different challenges as individuals and in groups and teams. It promotes positive attitudes towards a healthy and active lifestyle. Pupils learn how to think in different ways and make decisions in response to creative, competitive and challenging activities. They learn how to reflect on their performance, plan, perform and evaluate actions, ideas and performances to improve the quality of their work.
- We take part in physical activity daily.
- We promote positive attitudes towards a healthy and active lifestyle.
- We experience a broad range of physical activities.
- Engage in competitive sports and activities.
- Develop our physical skills through a variety of sports.