Our Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement reflects the ethos and values of Scorton CE Primary School “A Small School with a Big Outlook”. We are guided by our Christian Faith and the principles taught by Jesus, who said: “Love One another as I have Loved You” . We care for our whole school family and the wider world around us, showing respect and compassion for others. We know we are very fortunate to live and learn in a beautiful village and we are ambitious for our children. We want them to grow and understand the world around them, to be curious and engage with opportunities to learn.
Jesus said: “Love one another as I have loved you” and this is our guiding principle. We care about each other, our work, ourselves and our community. Our school provides a safe, welcoming environment where children, parents and staff are respected and valued.
Our school values are celebrated and 'lived' by all members of the school community. In our school these values are: courage, creativity, peace, trust, forgiveness, justice, thankfulness, compassion, friendship, hope, truthfulness, humility.
Our aims are to:
- Educate our children intellectually, socially, spiritually, emotionally and physically and so develop the full potential of each child.
- Foster self esteem and a sense of responsibility and respect for others and the world around.
- Stimulate our children to develop lively, enquiring minds and promote active learning in all areas of the curriculum.
- Provide every opportunity for our children to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values needed to enable them to thrive in a changing world.
- Be distinguished by the quality of care that we extend to all who are part of our greater school community.
- Reflect a commitment to the Christian faith in the family life of the school, and in the welcome to children, parents and members of the community.
- To foster strong links between school, home and the United Parish.
- Encourage creativity and celebrate achievement in all aspects of school and home life.